Thursday, September 29, 2011

Preparing for General Conference - Your Home


We hear so much about preparing spiritually for General Conference and it is all good and wonderful.  However, I think that if you are spending time watching it in your home, anything that you can do to prepare your home for your family as they watch it will be extremely beneficial.

Here are some of the things that I like to do:
* Get current on the laundry.  I hate to have that hanging over my head all weekend!
* Clean out refrigerator, cupboards and pantry.
* Prepare menu with items for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.  Make sure that I have Monday morning's food and sack lunch items ready as well.
* Vacuum, dust and straighten rooms where we will be spending time
* Wash the windows!  I love having the sunlight come in while we are together.
* Have notebooks, pens, scriptures, highlighters, etc. ready for use.  Gather them in advance!
* Get enough sleep on Saturday night.  I like to have clean sheets this weekend as well.

I like to ponder during the week on what questions I need answered, what things I need to improve on, and the messages that will pertain to me and our children.

Happy Conference!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...