Friday, March 25, 2011

Good Idea ~ CSA

One of the things that our family has done for the past few years is join a local CSA - Community Supported Agriculture.  It has definitely been good for us to eat things that we wouldn't normally pick up in the grocery store.  How often do you purchase kale and other greens, various beets, and purple root veggies?  We are normally your basic carrots, lettuce and bananas house.

Here are two local (Utah) CSA options for you and your family:

Muir Fresh Harvest
*Muir also includes locally made fresh breads, cheeses, and will upgrade to include dairy.



Bell Organic
*Bell Organic also has options to add fresh eggs, locally made cheeses, and beef shares.

Enjoy!  It's great to have options for eating healthy, fresh food without living on a farm or growing a huge vegetable garden.  And I like supporting locally produced farms, gardens, and bakeries! 

1 comment:

  1. I love my CSA box here at my home. I just got it today. Fresh asparagus, baby artichokes, swiss chard and bunch of apples and tangerines just to name a few of the things that I got on my porch this morning. I love eating the fresh lettuce too. It really does taste better. My kids love it too. I love eating it while looking at my new etsy posters about it. ha ha!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...